FREDERICK, Md. - The Hood College softball team fell in both ends of a doubleheader to Lebanon Valley in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth play 3-1 and 9-3.
Lebanon Valley 3, Hood 1
- Saglimbeni homered in the fifth, but the Blazers managed just three hits against Madeline Abbot in the loss.
- The Dutchmen scored on a ground out in the second and jumped ahead 2-0 on an error in the fifth. Later in the fifth, Alexa Windsor homered to make it 3-0. Saglimbeni, who went 2 for 3 in the game, had a solo shot in the bottom of the inning, but the Blazers could get no closer.
- Kristen Scott had Hood's other hit and Jess Sedgwick walked.
- Kate Whelski went 2 for 3 for LVC. Abbot went the distance for the win.
- Paugh took the loss despite a solid effort.
Lebanon Valley 9, Hood 3
- Paugh hit her fourth home run of the season, but it was not enough to overcome a 6-0 lead.
- Sammy Bost and Cheyanne Brown had RBI singles in the second to build a 2-0 lead. In the fourth, Elaine Gross hit a two-run home run to power a four-run inning that stretched the advantage to 6-0.
- The Blazers answered back in the bottom of the fifth. Kaitlin Barron walked to lead off the inning and Sedgwick singled with one out. Paugh followed with her 16th career home run, one short of the Blazers' career record, to bring Hood within 6-3.
- The Dutchmen scored three runs in top of the sixth to put the game out of reach.
- Sophia Leaman went 3 for 4 but took the loss inside the circle. She allowed six earned runs in five innings. Alex Herschman pitched two innings of scoreless relief.
- Sedgwick had two hits and Paugh walked twice in addition to her home run.
- Brown and Gross each finished 3 for 5 to lead a 15-hit attack for the Dutchmen. Windsor picked up the win, pitching the first 4.2 innings. Abbot pitched out of a bases loaded jam in the fifth and finished the game to pick up the save.
Hood's doubleheader at Lycoming originally scheduled for Sunday, March 26 has been postponed, making a March 28 doubleheader against Wilson the next contests for the Blazers. The MAC Commonwealth games at Lycoming will now be played on Wednesday, March 29.