STEVENSON, Md. - Junior Zach Crossey placed 19th to lead the Hood College men's cross country team at the Shannon Henretty Invitational hosted by Stevenson University.
- Crossey covered the 8,000-meter course in 28:11.26. His time ranks 31st all-time in Hood's 50 fastest.
- Transfer Chris Burgenson ran his personal best in his debut with the Blazers with a time of 29:20.67. He was 32nd overall.
- Keegan Bello, a freshman, crossed the line in 29:38.90 in his first collegiate race.
- Reese Whitesell and R.J. Tucker rounded out Hood's top five. Whitesell was 41st in 30:54.38, while Tucker was 56th in 35:30.22.
- Tucker was one place ahead of teammate Kyle Lammey, who ran a 36:29.06.
- Christopher Maniocha rounded out the Blazer contingent in 43:25.49.
- Messiah had five of the top six finishers and won the meet with 19 points. The hosts from Stevenson were next with 39. Hood was fourth with 116.
- The Falcons' Benjamin Schott was the overall champion in 26:03.62.
Hood heads to the Hornet Harrier Invitational on September 23.