CENTER VALLEY, Pa. - Hood College's Luke Casey set the school's decathlon record and earned All-Middle Atlantic Conference honors on day two of the MAC Outdoor Track and Field Championships at DeSales.
How it Happened
- Casey scored 4,746 points to smash his own school record by over 200 points. He finished fifth in the event to earn All-MAC Second Team. His biggest score on the second day of the multi-event was a 581-point performance in the 1500-meter run with a time of 4:56.26. Only one competitor in the decathlon beat his discus throw of 103-0 1/2 (31.40 meters).
- Kyle Lammey also turned in a career-high score in the decathlon with 4,047, becoming just the third Blazer to top 4,000 points. His best score also came in the 1,500 with a time of 5:16.35. He was fifth in the discus portion of the event with a throw of 86-7 1/4 (26.39m).
- Jeremiah Ratliff was fourth during the preliminaries of the 110-meter hurdles with a time of 16.38 seconds to advance to the finals on May 6.
- AJ Lewis ran a time of 11.56 in the 100-meter dash during qualifying, the fourth fastest in school history, but did not advance.
- Zach Crossey came within 0.3 seconds of his own Hood record in the 800-meter run with a time of 1:59.56, but did not advance.
- Kyle Bulgarelli narrowly missed all-conference in the javelin, taking ninth with a throw of 141-3 1/2 (43.06m).
- Hood is in 11th place with four points.
- Widener leads the team scoring with 55 points.
The MAC Championships conclude on Saturday, May 6.
All-Middle Atlantic Conference Performances
|Decathlon||Second Team||Fifth||Luke Casey||4,746
School Records at the 2017 MAC Outdoor Championships
|Event||Competitor(s)||New Record||Old Record|