STEVENSON, Md. - The Hood College men's swim team fell to McDaniel 61-42 during their meet at the neutral site of Stevenson University.
How It Happened
- Gabriel Hernandez-Paese took home a first place finish in the men's 100 yard breaststroke after a time of 1:05.56 earned five points. His time of 30.38 in the men's 50 yard breaststroke was good enough for another first place finish and five more points. He took another first place finish after a time of 1:00.48 in the men's 100 yard individual medley scored an additional five points for his team.
- Max Riedel snagged three points in the men's 500 yard freestyle after a second place finish with a time of 5:08.37. Another second place finish in the men's 200 yard individual medley brought the Blazers three more points after Riedel's time of 2:14.60. In the men's 50 yard backstroke, he earned another three points with a second place finish coming in at 28.07.
- Drew Wilson's second place finish in the men's 100 yard freestyle earned three points for the Blazers after a time of 54.78. With a time of 1:08.31, he snagged another second place finish in the men's 100 yard individual medley to give Hood three more points.
- With a time of 23.96 in the men's 50 yard freestyle, Matt Ball was awarded second place and three points. A third place finish in the men's 50 yard butterfly with a time of 25.76 was enough to score three points for the Blazers.
- Jerome Naulgan finished in third after a time of 1:08.56 earned him a point in the men's 100 yard butterfly. Another third place finish from Naulgan was earned in the men's 100 yard breaststroke after a time of 1:19.78 gave the Blazers another point.
- Collin Coshland earned a point after his third place finish in the men's 100 yard freestyle with a time of 1:00.38. His third place finish in the men's 50 yard freestyle earned another point with a time of 26.50.
The Blazers take on Middle Atlantic Commonwealth Conference opponent Albright for senior day on January 6 at 2 p.m. in the Hood Aquatic Center.