FREDERICK, Md.- The Hood College men's soccer dropped a Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth match to Stevenson by a score of 1-0 in overtime.
Inside the Box Score
- Hood outshot the Mustangs 22-12
- Danny Castillo made three saves for the Blazers
- Kyle McQuillen had seven shots, five on goal.
- Jake Brown notched 13 saves for Stevenson.
How it Happened
- The Blazers controlled the pace for much of the second half, holding a 13-1 shot advantage.
- A shot by McQuillen in the 80th minute almost broke the deadlock.
- Hood's best opportunity came in the first minute of overtime when Kenton Onspaugh sent in a cross that was sailed high over an open net by Colin Wise.
- Another opportunity arose just two minutes later off of a shot from Clay Smith that was saved and the rebound was poked wide by Onspaugh.
- With 30 seconds remaining in overtime, the Mustangs capitalized on a corner kick from Iliyas Mirza that was finished by Tariq Lee to end the game.
- This game was the Blazers' fifth straight overtime match.
- Hood sinks to 7-6-1, 1-2-1 in the MAC.
- Stevenson improves to 3-7-1, 2-1 in the MAC.
Hood travels to Lebanon Valley on Saturday, October 14 at 4 p.m.