Sep 10, 2017
FREDERICK, Md.- Kenton Onspaugh's two goals were enough to lift the Hood College men's soccer team to a 2-1 win over visiting Virginia Wesleyan.
Inside the Box Score
- Onspaugh had two tallies in the contest.
- Luke Staley added an assist.
- Danny Castillo had five saves for the Blazers.
How it Happened
- The first goal of the game came in 38th minute by Virginia Wesleyan when Ron Rosales put home a rebound off of a shot by Abasi Jameson.
- Two minutes later Onspaugh received a pass from Luke Staley at the top of the box, turned and buried a shot into the right panel to tie the game 1-1.
- Coming out of halftime, Onspaugh struck again for the Blazers as he poked in a loose ball from Marlin goalkeeper Jamison Auer.
- The rest of the game consisted of a few opportunities by both teams. Virginia Wesleyan's Deryck Burczyck sent a close shot high in the 62nd minute and Onspaugh hit a shot just high on a breakaway for the Blazers in the 65th minute.
- Hood improved to 3-2 on the season.
- Virginia Wesleyan dropped to 2-1.
- Auer had four saves for the Marlins.
- Virginia Wesleyan held a 12-10 shot advantage.
Hood travels to Rowan on Wednesday, September 13 at 6 p.m.