SWARTHMORE, Pa. - Hood College's Kenton Onspaugh scored in the 94th minute to lead the Blazers to 1-0 win over the hosts of the Garnet Alumni Classic at Swarthmore College.
Kyle McQuillen struck a long shot that was saved by Oliver Steinglass, but Onspaugh was able to clean up the loose ball for the game-winner.
Inside the Box Score
- Danny Castillo made four saves for his first shutout of the season.
- Hood outshot the hosts 22-7, including a dominant 16-3 difference in the second half and overtime.
How it Happened
- After a scoreless first half, Hood went on the attack in the second half. Steinglass had five saves in the second half, including two in the final 10 minutes of regulation on shots by Clay Smith and Alain Shekanino. Shekanino and Matt Viti had shots that missed the target during those last 10 minutes, as well.
- Swarthmore had a late chance on a header by Francis Harvey in the 89th minute, but it sailed high.
- The win levels Hood's record at 1-1.
- Swarthmore, playing its first match of the year, drops to 0-1.
The Blazers travel to Randolph on September 6 for a 6 p.m. kickoff.