IMMACULATA, Pa. - The Hood College men's lacrosse team remained unbeaten on the season with an 18-5 win at Immaculata in non-conference play.
The Blazers improved to 5-0 with the victory, the best start in school history.
Inside the Box Score
- Grayson Zubradt finished with three goals, three assists, three ground balls and two caused turnovers. His second goal of the afternoon was the 150th of his career.
- Devin Morse led the Blazers with four goals.
- Bentley LeBarron scored three goals and assisted on two.
- Noah Waterlander made five saves in the first three quarters. Trenton Lazorchak stopped three shots in the fourth period.
- Shea Anderson went 13 of 16 on faceoffs and had eight ground balls.
- Vashon Davis had six ground balls. Eamon Mulligan, Eddie Somerville and Alden Grayson-Funk each caused two turnovers.
How it Happened
- Zubradt scored just 29 seconds into the contest as Hood took control of the game early.
- The Blazers led 3-0 when Immaculata's James Barretta scored with 3:15 left in the first period. Four different Blazers, Morse, Patrick Hurley, Zubradt and LeBarron, scored in the last 2:19 of the quarter as Hood took a 7-1 edge into the second period.
- Neither team scored for nearly even minutes to start the second until Steve Long pulled the Mighty Macs within five with 8:10 to go in the half. Hood responded to Immaculata's goal with a quick flurry of scores, just as in the first quarter. Morse, Robert Mauer and Josh Patterson scored in a stretch of five minutes to put the Blazers on top 10-2 with 1:32 on the clock. Long scored for the Mighty Macs in the half's closing seconds to make it 10-3 at halftime.
- The second half started like the first, with a quick goal by Zubradt. It was the first of seven straight goals for Hood in the third quarter as the Blazers lead swelled to 17-3 after Jackson Hand scored off a Gavin Combe assist with 5:31 left in the quarter.
- After Barretta scored in the last two minutes of the third, both teams scored once in the fourth quarter.
- Barretta had three of the Mighty Macs' five scores and led the team with five ground balls. Denton States made 20 saves and went the distance in goal.
- Hood won 19 of 25 faceoffs and held a 57-22 advantage in shots.
- The Blazers' man-down unit held Immaculata to just 1 of 9 in man-up situations.
Hood travels to Wesley on March 20.