FREDERICK, Md.- Tyler Drews used a game-high 40 points to pace the Widener Pride in defeating the Hood College basketball team by a score of 104-80.
Inside the Box Score
- Mason Wang led the Blazers with 17 points off the bench.
- Luke Casey added 13 points and eight rebounds.
- Ian Eversull chipped in 12 points and had three steals.
- Reserve guard Brice Moore went 4 for 4 down the stretch for eight points.
How it Happened
- The Pride started out the game on a 19-8 run causing a timeout from Hood with 14:04 on the clock.
- Widener used an 11-0 run to push their lead to 31-14 with 9:13 remaining in the first half.
- The Blazers went into the halftime break trailing 56-33.
- Widener experienced its biggest lead after a 3-pointer by Drews, making the score 92-51 with 7:41 left.
- Hood could not close the gap for the remainder of the game.
- Drews was on fire from 3-point range, knocking down 10 of 12 behind the arc. He added a team-high eight boards and five assists..
- Elijah Boyd scored 16 points and Connor Laverty added 11.
- Sardayah Sambo had 10 points and seven rebounds.
- Ryan McMahon had a game-high eight assists.
- Hood held an edge in bench scoring 51-32.
The Blazers host Messiah for Senior Night on Tuesday, February 13 at 8 p.m.