GRANTHAM, Pa. - Hood College and Messiah combined to hit 17 of 27 (63 percent) 3-point field goals in the second half but the Falcons outlasted the Blazers 69-60.
Hood went 7 of 11 from deep in the second half (64 percent), while Messiah was 10 of 16 (63 percent).
Inside the Box Score
- Michael Riley hit 4 of 5 from the field, including 2 of 3 from 3-point range, and led the Blazers with 12 points.
- Anthony Pearson finished with 11 points on 4 of 8 shooting, going 3 of 6 from behind the arc. The freshman came off the bench to pace a second unit that outscored the Falcons' reserves 27-10.
- Luke Casey and Mason Wang each had perfect shooting nights as both players went 3 for 3. Casey led Hood with seven rebounds.
How it Happened
- The Blazers led several times in the early going. After an Ian Eversull 3-pointer gave Hood a 16-15 lead with 7:45 left in the half, Messiah answered with a 12-4 run that resulted in a 27-20 lead on a lay up by Josh Darville five minutes later.
- A 3-pointer by Pearson helped Hood cut the deficit to six at halftime 29-23.
- Neil Murren hit a 3-pointer for the Falcons to open the second half before Riley scored eight points during a 10-0 run for Hood. The spree resulted in a 33-32 edge for the Blazers after a Riley bucket with 17:58 to go.
- It was the first of 10 lead changes in the first six minutes and 18 seconds of the second half. Pearson knocked down a 3-point try for a 44-42 lead with 14:09 on the clock, but Colin Sareyka answered with a 3-pointer for Messiah 27 seconds later. The shot by Sareyka ignited a 22-3 run for Messiah, building a 64-47 advantage with 5:37 left in the game.
- Hood closed the game with a 13-5 run the final score of the night, a lay up by Casey with 12 seconds left, was the closest the Blazers could get.
- Matt Glogowski led all players with 17 points on 8 of 15 shooting.
- Murren and Sareyka hit four 3-pointers apiece and finished with 14 and 16 points, respectively.
- Darville grabbed 12 rebounds and Matt Hess added five assists.
- Hood shot 9 of 20 from 3-point range on the night (45 percent), while Messiah went 13 for 30 (43 percent).
- The Blazers held Messiah without a free throw attempt in the game, the first time this season Hood kept an opponent off the charity stripe.
The Blazers will look to snap a three-game losing streak at Widener on January 13.