Jan 06, 2018
FREDERICK, Md. - The Hood College men's basketball team fell to visiting Arcadia 72-66 in a Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth contest.
Inside the Box Score
- Daniel Wegener came off the bench to hit 6 of 9 field goals for a team-high 14 points. The junior big man led a Blazer bench that outscored the Knights' reserves 35-7.
- Jared Ruiz reached double figures with 10 points.
- Luke Casey grabbed eight rebounds.
How it Happened
- Arcadia opened the game with a 9-2 run but Hood regrouped an took a 13-11 lead on a 3-pointer by Tyler Evans with 11:43 left in the first half. The bucket was part of a 14-2 run by the Blazers that resulted in a 16-11 edge after Mason Wang knocked down a 3-pointer a minute later.
- The Knights led 28-27 at halftime.
- Hood took the lead several times early in the second half. A pair of free throws by Luke Casey made it 29-28 just 14 seconds after play resumed. After Arcadia reclaimed the lead, a 3-pointer by Anthony Pearson made it 35-34 with 17:57 left.
- From there, a 13-4 run by the Knights took control of the game, resulting in a 48-38 lead at the 14:33 mark.
- Daniel Wegener brought the Blazers within 58-57 with 6:38 remaining to go, but a Da'kquan Davis basket swung the momentum back to the Knights.
- Hood trailed by six with under 1:30 to go when a Nathaniel Christian 3-pointer made it 66-63, the closest the Blazers could get down the stretch.
- Davis had a game-high 22 points to go with five assists and three steals. Josh Scott finished with 11 points, 10 rebounds and seven assists.
- Brandon Thompson added 18 points, including five 3-pointers, and Phil Pierfy ended up with 14 points.
- Hood outrebounded the Knights 44-40.
- At halftime, Hood recognized men's basketball alumni in attendance for the celebration of the 15th season of men's basketball at the college.
Hood travels to Messiah on Wednesday, January 10.