FREDERICK, Md. - The Hood College men's basketball team fell short to Albright 93-106, who shot 56 percent from the field.
Inside the Box Score
- Anthony Pearson dropped 15 points and grabbed nine rebounds.
- Nathaniel Christian added 12 points with five steals.
- Jared Ruiz scored 11 points and three assists.
- Luke Casey had 10 points and added seven rebounds.
- Daniel Wegener came off the bench to tally 10 points to the team's scoring.
How it Happened
- The Lions went on a 22-10 run that broke an early tie putting the score at 32-20 with 8:03 left in the first half.
- A late opening period surge from the Blazers cut the lead in half with a score of 47-41 going into the break.
- Albright started the second half hot. An 18-11 run doubled their lead with 7:44 remaining with a score of 83-61
- The Blazers cut it to nine after a Michael Riley three-ball put the score at 94-85 with 2:20 left in the game, but it was not enough.
- Dejuan Smith put up 28 points and dished out six assists for the Lions.
- Brandon Lindsay added 13 points and four steals.
The Blazers take on Arcadia in a Middle Atlantic Commonwealth Conference competition on Saturday, January 6th at 3 p.m.