Apr 02, 2018
FREDERICK, Md. - The Hood College baseball team dropped a 12-6 final in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth action to Stevenson.
Hood dropped to 18-4 overall and 5-4 in the MAC Commonwealth. The Blazers won the first two meetings between the sides last week. Stevenson is 12-10 and 4-5.
Inside the Box Score
- Jordan Patterson was a perfect 4 for 4 at the plate with a double.
- Nathan Kessler went 2 for 5 with a triple and three runs batted in.
- Jake Franke struck out two in a scoreless ninth.
- Tyler Volentine finished the eighth in his collegiate debut and pitched a scoreless 0.2 innings.
How it Happened
- Stevenson already led 4-0 when John D'Aquanno hit a two-run home run in the fourth to extend the lead to six. Michael Rhodes added a bases-loaded double in the sixth to cap a four-run inning that made it 11-0.
- Hood broke through in the sixth with an RBI triple by Kessler that drove in Cam Esposito.
- After the Mustangs added a run in the eighth, the Blazers scored two in the bottom half of the inning. Esposito drove in Jordan Perez and a sacrifice fly by Brad Sawyer knocked in Joe Kroeger to make it 12-3.
- In the ninth, Perez's RBI single scored Patterson and a two-run base hit by Kessler knocked in Mikaili Robertson and Perez as Hood pulled with six.
- Matt Kerber had four hits for the Mustangs and Rhodes drove in four and doubled twice. Kevin Murray Jr. had two hits and stole a pair of bases.
- Michael Remeikis picked up the win with seven innings of work. He allowed three runs on eight hits and three walks, striking out four.
- Dylan Johnson took the loss, surrendering three earned run in two innings, striking out three.
Hood heads to Penn St. Mont Alto on Wednesday, April 4.