FREDERICK, Md.- The Hood College baseball team used a 13-hit performance on its way to a 12-3 victory over the Gettysburg Bullets.
The 7-0 start continues the Blazers' best start in school history.
Inside the Box Score
- Cam Esposito went 3 for 4 with four RBIs in the game.
- Jordan Patterson reached base in all five of his plate appearances, going 3 for 3 with a pair of walks. He scored three runs.
- Dylan Beck went 1 for 2 with a double and three RBIs, scoring two runs.
- Nate Luscombe (2-0) turned in six innings of work on the mound, allowing eight hits, three earned runs, striking out six. Ryan Atkinson, Jake Howell, and Ryan D'Allesandro each pitched an inning apiece to combine for scoreless, one-hit relief in the final three innings.
How it Happened
- Hood took an early 3-0 lead in the bottom half of the second inning using a two-run double by Beck and an RBI single by Esposito.
- The Blazers extended their lead in the fourth after an RBI bunt single by Daniel Shepherd. Esposito followed with a sacrifice fly and Brooks Warrenfeltz brought in Shepherd with a double to right field to make the score 6-0.
- Gettysburg responded with two runs in the top half of the fifth, but Hood countered with four runs in the home half of the inning to take a 10-2 lead. Josh Gall and Esposito had RBI singles during the rally.
- The Bullets notched another run in the sixth on a sacrifice fly.
- The combination of Atkinson, Howell, and D'Allesandro shut the door on the Gettysburg offense over the last three innings, allowing only one hit.
- Hood added two more runs, one in the seventh and one in the eighth.
- Brad De Martino (0-1) took the loss on the mound in the Bullets' opening game of their season. He allowed six earned runs in four innings on eight hits.
- Ryan LaCoe went 3 for 4 on the day with a triple for Gettysburg. Sean Murphy added two hits. Chuck Probst singled and walked twice.
Hood travels to Dickinson on Tuesday, March 6 at 3 p.m.