FREDERICK, Md. - The Hood College baseball team was undone in the opener by a big inning from Albright and fell 10-5, but the Blazers rebounded for a 4-1 win in the nightcap.
Gall went 2 for 3 with a home run and four RBIs in the opener. Nathan Kessler had three hits in the opener and two in the nightcap to end the day 5 for 6. In the second game, Brad Sawyer went six innings and allowed just an unearned run on five hits and a walk in six innings. Jordan Patterson came on in the seventh for the save.
ALBRIGHT 10, HOOD 5
- Gall hit his school record sixth home run of the season, a three-run shot, during a four-run first inning that gave Hood the early lead.
- Zach Krause hit a three-run shot for Albright during an eight-run third that gave the Lions an 8-4 lead.
- Albright added single runs in the fourth and seventh before Gall's RBI single in the seventh finished the scoring.
- Kessler went 3 for 3 in the contest. Patterson, Dylan Johnson and Gall had two hits apiece.
- Nate Luscombe took the loss. Ryan Atkinson allowed a run in 2.1 innings of relief. Riley Fitzgerald and Paul Jackson combined for a scoreless seventh.
- Connor Travis picked up the win. He allowed four runs in six innings.
- Jeff Yordy and Tanner Brescancine had three hits each.
HOOD 4, ALBRIGHT 1
- Sawyer and Patterson combined to allow just five hits and two walks to lead Hood to the split.
- The Blazers got on the board first with two runs in the third. Quinn Fulton singled with two outs and scored on a double by Cam Esposito. Esposito later scored on a wild pitch to make it 2-0.
- A sacrifice fly by Brescancine in the top of the fourth made it 2-1, but Hood answered back in the bottom of the inning. Josh Greenberg led off the inning with a single and scored on a two-out triple by Brooks Warrenfeltz. After a pitching change, Wayne Baldwin greeted the reliever with a RBI single up the middle to make it 4-1.
- Kessler and Fulton each had two hits in the game.
- Jimmie Gentry added two hits for Albright.
- Patterson's save was his school record fifth of the year.
- Daron Pijanowski took the loss for the Lions, surrendering four earned runs in 3.2 innings.
Hood travels to Franklin & Marshall on April 26 for a non-conference contest.