HARRISONBURG, Va. - The Hood College baseball team dropped a 14-6 final at Eastern Mennonite in non-conference action.
Inside the Box Score
- Cam Esposito and Dylan Johnson were both 3 for 4, while Johnson doubled and drove in three.
- Jordan Patterson and Brooks Warrenfeltz added two hits apiece
- Paul Jackson made his first career start and took the loss, giving up six runs in 3.1 innings.
- He was the first of eight pitchers for the Blazers. Michael Hernandez, Riley Fitzgerald, Jackson Slotterback and Blake Krisan were not charged with any runs.
How it Happened
- The Royals struck first with a run in the bottom of the first, but Hood tied the game in the top of the fourth on a sacrifice fly by Wayne Baldwin.
- In the bottom of the inning, Eastern Mennonite scored six runs, the first three of which came home on a bases-loaded double by Dean Lowery. The Royals were aided by three Hood errors in the inning.
- A RBI single by Patterson and a two-run double by Johnson in the top of the fifth pulled Hood within 7-4, but Eastern Mennonite responded in the bottom of the inning. With one run already in, Lowery drove in two more with a single to make it 10-4.
- Johnson drove in a run in the seventh and Alex Staton did likewise in the eighth, but those runs came before and after a four-run inning by EMU which put the game out of reach.
- Lowery had a career day with four hits and five RBIs. Joe Hall also had four hits, while Zach Roberts and Kyle Mathews had three each.
- Kyle Johnson pitched the fifth through eighth innings for EMU and picked up the win.
Hood travels to Messiah on Thursday, April 13 in a return to Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth action.