Academic Year Hours of Operation
Monday/Wednesday (8 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.)
Tuesday/ Thursday (8 a.m. - 9 p.m.)
Friday (8 a.m. - 8 p.m.)
Saturday/ Sunday (11 a.m. - 3 p.m.)
Summer Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Note: The Hodson Fitness Center will be closed for weight training classes at the following times: Mondays and Wednesdays from 10:30-11:20 a.m. AND 2-2:50 p.m.
• The two-level Hodson Fitness Center is open to all full-time or part-time students enrolled at Hood for the current semester as well as current Hood staff and faculty.
• All fitness center patrons must present their Hood ID and sign in at the fitness center welcome desk (Ext. 3501).
• All fitness center patrons must sign a written waiver of liability prior to using the facility.
• Guests are not permitted in the Hodson Fitness Center.
• Proper athletic attire must be worn at all times; shirts are required. Athletic shoes must be worn at all times. Sandals or open-toed shoes are not permitted.
• Food and gum are not permitted in the fitness center.
• Water and fitness drinks are allowed as long as they are contained in a sealed non-glass container.
• Personal audio devices are permitted with the use of headphones.
• All participants are required to wipe down cardio and strength equipment grips and padding after each use with the disinfecting wipes provided.
• Please do not abuse equipment. All equipment must be operated in accordance with its intended use.
• Promptly report any malfunctioning equipment or personal injuries to a staff member on duty.
• Personal items may be kept in the cubbies provided in the fitness center. Bags are not allowed on the fitness floor, we encourage you to bring in minimal personal items.
• Temperature, music and television controls cannot be changed by fitness center patrons. Please see a staff member for any changes.