The Hood Athletic Center
Completed in November 2011, local firms Warner Construction and Zavos Architecture + Design teamed up to construct the 41,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art multipurpose Hood Athletic Center, which includes the 1,600-seat BB&T Arena (with space for 500 additional floor-level seats), an observation deck, a two-level fitness center and cardio room, an athletic training room, locker rooms, an athletic hall of fame recognition display, a concession area, a hospitality and meeting room and office spaces. Click here for photo galleries of athletic center construction.
BB&T Arena (basketball and volleyball)
The BB&T Arena is home to Hood's volleyball and women's and men's basketball teams. Admission to athletic contests in the BB&T Arena is free for all fans. Click here for a photo galleries of the athletic center construction.
Thomas Athletic Field (field hockey, lacrosse and soccer)
Hood's field hockey, women's and men's lacrosse and women's and men's soccer teams competed on a state-of-the-art FieldTurf field which was renovated in the summer of 2009. The $2.5 million project, includes a new locker room facility, picnic area, landscaping, storage facilities, a multi-purpose scoreboard and a portable press box to accommodate game operations staff. Admission to athletic contests at Thomas Athletic Field is free for all fans. Click here for a photo gallery of the turf field construction.
Hood Softball Field (softball)
The Hood Softball Field recently received upgrades as well. Covered dugouts for home and visiting teams and an elevated press box were added for the 2010 spring season. Admission to athletic contests at the Hood Softball Field is free for all fans.
Huntsinger Aquatics Center (swimming)
The Huntsinger Aquatics Center is home to Hood's women's and men's swim teams. Upgrades are planned for this facility during summer and fall 2012. Click here for hours of operation.
Hood Tennis Complex (tennis)
The Hood Tennis Complex was completed in September 2012. The complex features six regulation courts in Hood blue-and-grey. Admission to athletic contests at the Hood Tennis Complex is free for all fans.
Hodson Fitness Center
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday 7 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Note: The Hodson Fitness Center will be closed for weight training classes at the following times: Mondays and Wednesdays from 10:30-11:20 a.m. AND 2-2:50 p.m.
• The two-level Hodson Fitness Center is open to all
full-time or part-time students enrolled at Hood for the current
semester as well as current Hood staff and faculty.
• All fitness center patrons must present their Hood ID and sign in at the fitness center welcome desk (Ext. 3501).
• All fitness center patrons must sign a written waiver of liability prior to using the facility.
• Guests are not permitted in the Hodson Fitness Center.
• Proper athletic attire must be worn at all times; shirts are required. Athletic shoes must be worn at all times. Sandals or open-toed shoes are not permitted.
• Food and gum are not permitted in the fitness center.
• Water and fitness drinks are allowed as long as they are contained in a sealed non-glass container.
• Personal audio devices are permitted with the use of headphones.
• All participants are required to wipe down cardio and strength equipment grips and padding after each use with the disinfecting wipes provided.
• Please do not abuse equipment. All equipment must be operated in accordance with its intended use.
• Promptly report any malfunctioning equipment or personal injuries to a staff member on duty.
• Personal items may be kept in the cubbies provided in the fitness center. Bags are not allowed on the fitness floor, we encourage you to bring in minimal personal items.
• Temperature, music and television controls cannot be changed by fitness center patrons. Please see a staff member for any changes.